Summer Holidays might be over for most of us, but for the lucky ones who are still away, or ready to go abroad in the next few weeks, here’s some very interesting tips to take with you.
1) TRAVEL INSURANCE: Can’t seem to stress this enough, It’s one of those things that you need to have whenever you travel abroad, whether you go to the far east, or just for a quick trip to Paris, Nowadays it’s just so easy to lose your luggage, or get sick. And the best way to avoid spending silly money, is to buy a Travel insurance that includes the Health package. Check with your bank, as some accounts offer T.I within the package!
2) DO IT ONLINE: I’ve done this mistake over and over and over again, if you wish to visit museums, or even specific landmarks, try and book all the tickets online! That’d save you money, but most importantly, time. The times I was put off visiting places because of the long queue, don’t let me start on this! If you happen to go to Rome for example, you can buy your Roma pass online, and It gives you access to the museums, and some of bonus features such as free use of the public transports. Now, that’s good a good deal!
3) DEBIT CARDS AND MONEY: This is really important, I always have nightmares of having my cards stolen, blocked or just denied at a restaurant. So, make sure that you bring more than one card with you, and link them together through Online banking, so you can transfer money between accounts if things go wrong for whatever reason.
I had a terrible experience in Milano during MFW, one of my cards wasn’t accepted by the restaurant, thankfully I had both Cash and a different card with, that saved my day. I love paying by card, it’s just so easy and straight forward, and that’s a way of payment accepted everywhere in the UK, whether you buy something for 50p or 500. In Italy or France, not so much. Especially little bars and cafes. So make sure you always have some notes with you at all times.
4) NO FRIENDS – NO PARTY: If you feel like going out and get yourself Drunk, make sure you do it with friends – friends who can check up on you. Nobody likes to get lost in a foreign place, with people that speak a different language. So, if you do want to party hard, just try and organise something with your friends (hoping that there will be a responsible one in the group)
5) WEAR PROTECTIONS: And I mean, do wear sun screen. Especially all of you who are particularly pale, if you go to the mountains, wear it. It might not be hot, but you are actually closer to the sun than if you were by the sea. I wear it all the times, even though I’m olive-skinned. This is all due to some really bad redness and fever experiences I got through long sun exposures during the summer.
By the way, revealing to you all my next adventure, which will take me to Florence, Milan and Athens. So stay tuned for the next projects on the blog.