Second part of the reportage about Singapore! What a lovely land!!!….. and Jacy surely made sure to show it as best as she could!!
Along with the pictures, I found few interesting facts about the little pearl of Asia!
1) – Singapore is made up of one main island and 63 other tiny islands. Most of the islands of the country are uninhabited.
2) – The symbol of Singapore is ‘The Merlion’, half-fish and half-lion beast.
3) – Singapore is counted amongst the 20 smallest countries of the world. However, it is the second most densely populated country in the world, after Monaco.
4) – ‘Changi Airport’ of Singapore has received the honor of being named as the ‘Best Airport Worldwide’ , a number of times, from the UK/Europe edition of the ‘Business Traveller’ magazine.(From 1988 till 2009…22 years straight!!)
5) – Singlish, a Singaporean patois mixing English with the odd phrase of Chinese, Malay and even Tamil, has two entries – lah and sinseh – in the online version of the Oxford English Dictionary.