Being able to choose the perfectChristmas gift can be considered a skill; as the winter festivities are only around the corner, time has come – once again – to decide what you want to buy for your loved ones; like everyone else, you just want to get the right things, as nobody likes to disappoint with a banal present.
So, whether you are the last minute buyer, or the super-early bird saver, prefer to wander from shop to shop or click and buy from your tablet, If you are in for some inspiration for an impressive Christmas present, then this is the perfect list made for you.
I made it easier for you all to navigate this post by putting together products (for him) with similar price tags (under £150, under £500 and over £500) and selecting them from three of my favourite fashion designers: Alexander Mcqueen, Ralph Lauren and Paul Smith. Here’s our selection of Christmas presents carefully chosen from the best retailer in London: Harrods.
If you are on small budget but still wish to impress, my selection of gifts under £150 will still sweep your loved ones off their feet
1) Paul Smith Knightsbridge Wash Bag/ £109.00: Pack all the grooming essentials and be ready to jet fly around the globe with it, featuring a luxurious leather trim and a front-fashionable print, this wash bag will make any man happy, groomed, and well organized, – Harrods exclusive –
2) Ralph Lauren Vaughn Leather Sneakers / £65.00: A pair of sneakers are always very much appreciated by the youngsters, and these Ralph Lauren leather trainers are a stylish alternative to the common running trainers: Dress them up with a pair of trousers or use them with just jeans and a hoodie.
3) Paul Smith Accessories Headphones Skull Links / £89.95: Add a quirky finish to a formal shirt with these gold plated skull links by Paul Smith. They will funk up your business-y look and add a stylish statement with their bling-factor.
4) Alexander Mcqueen Stained Slim Glass Tie / £110.00: Get a taste of the runway with this Mcqueen stained glass tie. Make any formal dressing look stylish, no more boring or dull business attire, this tie is going to make any guy who wears it look dapper.
For the ones who have a bigger budget and wish for something more substantial, enjoy this selection of gifts for just under £500.
5) Ralph Lauren Hoover Wingcap Shoes / £215.00: A preppy kind of shoes for a preppy kind of boy, these bad boys take on the classic brogues-shoes shape and feature a cool suede skin, the contrasting sole makes them worth every penny. Wear them with a pair of tight skinny fit jeans or beige chinos.
6) Ralph Lauren Car Brook Jacket / £269.00: Featuring a corduroy collar, this diamond shaped quilted coat by Polo Ralph Lauren is the perfect gift for him, warm and stylish, this jacket is what every man needs for this coming winter, crafted to be eye-catching, comfortable and versatile, it will suit both the country and urban look.
7) Paul Smith Jeans Cotton Blazer / £349.00: Another wonderful smart casual garment that is easy to integrate in any bloke’s wardrobe; this Paul Smith cotton blazer is super soft and super trendy and it’s a great item to match with a casual cotton shirt and V-neck sweater.
If you are a big spender and wish to make the ultimate impression:
8) Paul Smith London The Byard Suit / £750.00: Amaze your loved one with this incredibly slick two-piece suit, tailor made to look contemporary and sharp, it’s the best choice for both the office and stylish events, a suit (and gift) that will last on for years.
9) Alexander Mcqueen Velvet Tuxedo Jacket / £999.00: Get a touch of luxury with this red velvet jacket in this wonderful tailored blazer from none others than Mcqueen, this will ensure to whoosh your boyfriend off his feet, and happens to be the perfect dinner jacket for this New Years eve too.
10) Alexander Mcqueen Cashmere Blend Peacoat / £899.00: Buying a quality peacoat is always a wise investment, it’s a warm jacket that can effortlessly dress up –or down– any outfit. Slim-cut and crafted with the best wools, Mcqueen, once again, brings us a timeless piece of outwear that can be worn over and over again.